Released July 6, 2017.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
This patch adds a bunch of new buildable items, a new weapon, an improved flashlight, along with a ton of bug fixes and some big memory improvements.
For buildings, we’ve added two types of ziplines – one that can be attached tree to tree, or tree to ground and another more complicated version that works by placing two large gates apart from each other, with the rope being procedurally created between them.
We also added a crane type structure, which will be useful for transporting logs and other items higher up into your base or you can place this in the middle of your buildings as an elevator type system.
A new birdhouse structure can be attached to trees, and if in an area with birds should attract birds, leaving you feathers when they fly off.
The new custom garden, replaces the regular garden. It works the same however you can now decide the size and shape as you layout the ghost. The amount of available grow spots increases with the bigger you make it.
We added a bunch of new small buildings also, mostly decorative, a new fireplace model, a bone chair, a chandelier, picture frames, wooden couch and a new small table
We found a big issue with memory use and defensive walls which was causing each wall built to add substantially to the overall memory and was causing major issues in larger save games. We also found and fixed similar issues on some smaller items that were repeated frequently enough to cause memory to rise.
For translations, we added a bunch more missing translation keys, fixed a bunch of formatting and capitalization issues, and added a first pass of Spanish and simplified Chinese as well as updating the Portuguese translation.
Along with this we added an aim down sight system for the flintlock, a new tactical flashlight, which replaced the old flashlight and provides way more light, added an option to change the color and opacity of ghost objects in game, added a new weapon type, and a new surprise story item pickup that will become a much bigger part of next patch. There are also a ton of bug fixes, and tweaks for the full list check below.
If you are running a dedicated server, you will need to restart your server with the latest version to be compatible with this patch release.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Patchnotes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed book opening on its own when plugging in a gamepad at runtime
- Fixed breath bar not decreasing when player first enters water
- Tweaked flag colors to better differentiate between green and blue
- Fixed hud not enabling if starting a game with it disabled
- Fixed baby enemies not appearing bloody when hit
- (multiplayer) Fixed blood not appearing to clean off for client characters weapons
- Fixed short procedural wall collision being slightly wrong
- Fixed issue where you could sprint infinitely by spamming the sprint key
- Fixed player blocks also blocking hits from behind
- (multiplayer) Improved performance issue when hitting animals with arrows
- (multiplayer) Fixed Arrows stuck in animals not being synced correctly between players
- (multiplayer) Fixed issue where fish trap could vanish if players went far away and then returned
- (multiplayer) Trapped Cave fish are now correctly synced between players
- Fixed issue with equip weapon animations interfering with open book animation
- Fixed some structures missing dust when broken apart
- (Performance)Optimized clothing and hair geometry on player
- Fixed certain endgame cutscenes breaking if player was attacking while activating the cutscene
- Fixed shooting arrows downward while standing on logsled causing player to fly up into the air
- Fixed picking up bodies in end game breaking player animation if spear was held in throw position
- (Audio) Added extra sounds for endgame boss
- (Audio) Made walking on glass a little louder
- (Audio) Tuned endgame boss audio events to fill the space better
- (Audio) Added blood drips to endgame
- (Audio) Added impact event for when arrow hits plane wreckage
- (Audio) Additional polish pass of ambient audio emitters in endgame area
- (Audio) Added new audio event for hitting dirt terrain with stick to keep consistent with other stick/spear weapons.
- (Audio) Added sound for pushing raft on ground and water.
- (Audio)Added body part impact sound events when male and female mutants are exploded.
- Fixed boats and rafts being able to be built on top of each other
- Fixed animation bug, if you attack while trying to drinking water
- Added collision to trapped enemies in saved games
- Fixed issue with enemy hit animations conflicting with being caught in noose trap
- (UI) Fixed XInput setting reset when opening the menu
- (Multiplayer) Prevent spamming take from food holders (and similar) as client from providing several of the item stored until host responds
- (Translation) Added missing translations keys in title scene, options menu, MP Screen, Hints, pause menu, items/meats inventory tooltips, todo list, tick off system, available recipes list
- (Translation) Fixed texts missing/capitalisation/formating in title scene, options menu, MP Screen, book for the French language
- (Translation) Added Spanish, Simplified Chinese an updated Portuguese
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug with generic meat on fire turning into small generic meat for client
- Added look down sights mode for flintlock!
- Hole cutter now properly clears out the yellow hammer on ghost structures
- Hole cutter no longer has issues when targeting ropes
- Added “Ghost building tint” option in gameplay/interface, allows picking one of white, blue, purple or green
- Added “Ghost building opacity” option in gameplay/interface
- New weapon added: Machete !
- Trapped enemies now load with correct props
- (Audio) Added placement sound when adding explosive to tree
- New building: Zipline ! Has 2 gates, place either one high up and the other below and at distance, it will procedurally create a rope in between.
- New building: Tree Zipline ! Both endpoints can be hooked to trees and optionally second end point can be hooked with terrain
- New building: Crane ! When placing it you have to first choose its bottom position then its height up to 4 stories high, it then cuts floors and removes structures in its way when placed. Takes small storage structures and can be used to transport logs and other items higher up.
- Fixed flare on crafting mat appearing lit when it wasn’t
- (Audio) Added new sound fx when raft is pushed
- Fixed turtle shell not making a sound when swung
- (Multiplayer) Fixed issues between MP player list, pause menu, book, and inventory screens
- (Multiplayer) Fixed players being able to interact whilst player list was active
- New building: Bird house! Once built will attract birds, who will likely drop feathers
- (Multiplayer) Fixed motion blur missing on some enemy types
- (DS) Fixed issue where enemy weapons could cause error spam
- Fixed issues with male pale enemies in noose trap
- Fixed issue where trapped enemies props could vanish
- (Multiplayer) Mutant dropped teeth pickup are now synced on host and client.
- (DS)Teeth now appear in dedicated server games
- (DS) Fixed turtles behaviour on dedicated servers.
- Pressing E to lock the first point of procedural buildings is no longer possible
- (DS) Fixed invalid password message not showing in some sessions when attempting to join with the wrong password.
- (DS) Fixed issues with incorrect material count on custom structures
- Weather system now prevents rain from showing up during the plane sequence
- (Caves)Fixed water zone in stalactite room
- (Caves)Fixed a couple areas you could get stuck in in the stalactite room and cavern room
- (DS) Fixed some issues with attempting to load regular multiplayer games into dedicated server games
- Fixed tree sap collector cutting leaves when attached to a tree
- New item added: tactical flashlight! Replaced old flashlight. Is much brighter and has a better 3d model.
- (DS) Fixed issues where errors would spam after exiting boss fight and attempting to load into server
- (Survival book)Moved Defensive Structures to last page of Traps section of book
- (Survival book)Added side numbers to sections of book that have more than one page
- (DS) Fixed enemies sometimes getting stuck in burning animation on dedicated server games.
- (Performance) Massively reduced memory use taken up by defensive walls, and optimized a ton of other models to improve memory usage
- New building: Custom garden ! Replaces the legacy garden, amount of available grow spots based on its size. Ground with slope/holes will prevent from placing it really big
- New art added: crashed helicopter
- It is no longer possible to grow plants in garden while in caves
- (DS) Added network configuration diagnostic to help admins
- Fixed issue where stumps to trees would be instantly cut if using a chainsaw in single player games
- Fixed L to light prompt not always appearing on lightable items
- Fixed some small overlapping and intersecting items in plane
- Fixed some small gaps in world
- Herbal meds, and energy mixes now have fake drops, and will drop if you try and carry too many
- New buildings: Fireplace, Bone chair, Bone chandelier, Bone frame, Stick frame, Wood couch and Small table.
- It is now possible to have several structures on a single tree (for example, platform and zipline!)
- Fixed major issue with hud & pickups after completing last structure requiring bones
- Fixed building airborne structures in sinkhole locking to their max height
- Fixed grabbing rope in sinkhole sending player high up above terrain level
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha/Early Access|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019