v0.37 was a major update that released on April 28, 2016.
V0.37 – New particle effects, Custom weapon upgrading, Balance tweaks, Bug fixes and lots more Posted on 28 April, 2016 by Anna
This patch introduces custom weapon upgrading – Now instead of applying tree sap and teeth to your weapon and having the items randomly placed, you are able to control completely where items go to make the weapon look how you like.
One of the big focuses of this patch was getting in new particle effects. Blood when you hit enemies has been improved and will now show several different blood effects depending on hit. Water drips have been added to the (outside) waterfalls, and fire effects for the standing fire, basic fire and rock fire pit have all been completely redone. Snow will now fall in the upper cold parts of the map, lighter flame has been redone and the molotov cocktail now has both a liquid effect inside and a unique flame effect that moves with velocity of player.
We’ve added some shader updates this patch. Moss will eventually grow on the plane over time. Rocks around the beach and some lakes now appear wet around the base where they meet water and our new particle shader allows effects to blend depending on viewing angle fixing lots of issues with texture sheet particle animation.
For caves, some new passengers (lawyers) have been added to depths of Cave 6 – The Door revealed last patch has had improved textures added. We finally fixed animals vanishing for clients in multiplayer games, a bunch of audio tweaks were done and some new sounds added, along with this a ton of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks have been made, all listed below.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Additions / Changes / Fixes
- Improved sinkhole cave door textures
- (Multiplayer) Fixed molotovs thrown from multi* thrower not breaking correctly for clients
- Fixed lizard ragdoll distorting when dropped if carrying maximum amount already
- Fixed partial ocean waves visible inside yacht when outside yacht
- Fixed animation issues when picking up small rocks/tennis balls while blocking
- Better yacht interior and exterior reflections
- Fixed life preservers clipping in cave 10
- Increased speed/aggressiveness of cowman mutant
- Audio - House boat now plays audio event when on water.
- Audio - Added impact sfx when the rope swing trap hits enemies or player
- Audio - Tuned wet footsteps and leaves falling sounds
- Audio - Tuned tent flap sounds
- Audio - Added drop sound to many items when dropped
- Audio - Added waterfall sounds to waterfalls in sinkhole
- Audio - Player now gasps for air when surfacing with the rebreather equipped
- Audio - Armsy now makes sound when detecting player presence nearby.
- Audio - Improved deer audio when deers are set alight.
- Audio - Fixed doubled up fall sound effect in multiplayer
- Audio - Fixed building repair sound always playing from hosts location in mp
- Audio - Fixed push sled sound not being synced in multiplayer
- Audio - Fixed player burning vocals not being synced in multiplayer
- Caves - Fixed holes in cave 10
- Caves - Fixed various rock scale issues
- Fixed player not taking fall damage while doing flying axe attack
- Fixed block animation not showing correctly for remote players in MP
- New art added: Timmy crayons
- Cleaned up/improved some areas around beach cliff terrain
- Improved player fall down injured animation
- Caves - Fixed cave 9 sinkhole entrance not being visible from above ground
- Caves - adjusted some misaligned rocks in sinkhole
- Enemy skull bag effigy added more pick up skulls
- New art added: Dead lawyers 1 body, 2 heads. Court papers, suitcase etc.
- Cliff rocks will now appear wet/dark based on height of ocean
- Ripped Practical Caver magazine version for survival book notes section
- (Multiplayer) Fixed missing lighter texture on other players lighters
- New craft recipe: Weak spear (stick x2)
- New gameplay option: Crouch Mode (Hold / Toggle), default is hold (legacy feature)
- Filled Waterskin now holds up to 2 full thirst replenishment and drinking from it is now based on exact amount so you can replenish as often as wanted without worrying of wasted amount
- New (outside) waterfall falling particles added!
- (Multiplayer) Fixed host sometimes appearing on angle for clients in MP
- Fixed/improved uv’s on yacht interior
- Current armor display in hud is now based on max amount of both armor and cold armor
- Adding item to weapon rack structure now properly clears up cloth and/or fire
- (Multiplayer) Clamped player velocity when pause menu or player menu is open
- Increased water jump height slightly to make it easier to get onto raft while in water
- Caves - Fixed timmy drawing 2 in cave 1 not being pickupable
- Caves - Fixed hole in cave 1 leaking light
- Fixed offset between cursor and actual click position in menus
- When having a healthy diet, weight now goes towards base value at a very slow rate (player no longer stays at a bad weight when being healthy and instead goes back to normal)
- Fixed food & blood poisoning settings preventing it from being effective
- Rephrased lighter tutorial to be more generic and work with flash light as default light
- Added another shelf to medicine cabinet
- Improved positioning when placing ghost medicine cabinet
- New snow particle effects added for mountain/snow area
- Fixed geese sometimes floating above water
- (Multiplayer) Fixed animation glitchiness when dropping bodies as client in MP
- Weather system now shows snow particles instead of rain if player is in snow area
- Audio - Sinkhole ambient audio working
- Fixed blur on particles when pause menu is open
- Fixed basic fire being on slight angle when placed
- New fire effects!
- New blood effects!
- Rock fences can now be used as support for floors and roofs !
- Fixed enclosed walls not properly storing data, causing stacked walls to not go all the way around
- Fixed some issues with placing floors/roofs on non* flat walls, it now tries to cancel positions that are too far from the rest to try preventing floors from floating mid air,
eventually cancelling autofill if not enough points remain
- Revamped floors to toggle between autofill and manual placement mode, by default in autofill floors will now show the ghost of whatever support is currently targeted and can be placed with E
(or switch to manual placement with C to cherry pick each point like in legacy)
- (multiplayer) Fixed jerky crocodile movement for clients
- (multiplayer) Fixed animals not aligning to terrain correctly as client
- Increased hit trigger range of deadfall and swinging rock traps
- Player now disconnects from logsled when falling from a height
- Logsled no longer floats if pushed into sinkhole
- Audio - mutant dodge roll audio added
- Fixed fires turning huge if burnt out while culled then lit again
- Fixed hole in player mesh visible to other players in MP
- (particles) Improved look of lighter flame
- New magazine/story item pick up added!
- Revamped upgrade system: You now get to manually position your upgrades ! Start by making the upgrade recipe as usual, then rotate the item with Horizontal/Vertical input actions
(WASD on keyboard by default), aim with mouse, and left click to place ! Repeat until all upgrade views are in place or right click to cancel upgrading
- Upgrading system now tries to take items in inventory after ones from recipe have been used to keep placing until player quits upgrading
- Fixed positioning of glass upgrade views
- Increased book tab numbers readability
- Audio - tuned mix of player footsteps on wet surfaces, lakes, rivers, leaf rustle cardboard drags and after storm sounds
- Audio - new jump/land on snow sfx
- Audio - added dynamic sfx to broken parts of cages
- Audio - new audio event for upgrade success
- Fixed umbrella effigy having single sided faces and improved shading
- Fixed some items in enemy built effigies not being pickupable
- Added moss to enemy placed effigies
- New molotov fire effect!
- Moss added to plane hull shader. Moss will accumulate over the days eventually turning the plane moss covered
- Cleaned up cook icon
- Fixed some of the Dead Trees being uncuttable
- (Multiplayer) Fixed clients not getting logs from dead trees
- Fixed upgrades not properly applying bonus + also fixes reloading flare gun with flares
- New graphics option: SSAO Type ! Option are SESSAO (legacy) and the new HBAO (should render faster)
- Recipe tutorial now goes away as soon as there is any valid recipe on the crafting mat
- Having a burning weapon in right hand now counts as a light in regards of the equip light tutorial in caves
- Added a fail safe when starting game with a Steam Controller active but the "Advanced Controller Support (XInput)" option not selected
- Added a device management tab to control settings in title screen, allowing either all devices as input (legacy) or to cherry pick which should be used
(allows to disable input sources conflicting with the game, and thus no longer require to be unplugged to play the game)
- New crafting information page in book: Clothing !
- Setup expand tabs for crafting and notes chapters of books
- Fixed some navigation issues in between information chapters of book
- Poison arrow can no longer poison player when shooting while sprinting forward
- Fixed meat on rack not properly syncing status updates with clients
- Meat placed on drying rack by clients no longer goes away when client disconnects
- Audio - added new close surf sounds
- Fixed thrown molotov missing fire
- New improved FXAA added!
- Broken stalagmites should now react to cave floors instead of falling through them
- Fixed missing item throwing reticle
- Added dynamic movement to new lighter and molotov flames
- Increased speed and range that weapon will move away when close to a wall
- (balance) Removed soda/meds spawning from dead mutant bodies
- Fixed wall chunks replaced by a textured quad at a distance also getting cleared out of the navigation grid
- (Multiplayer) Fixed clients not seeing animals after an extended play time!
- Fixed held molotov blur breaking when camera moved
- Fixed throwing unlit molotov at unlit fires lighting it
- Fixed Alt tab breaking opening animation of crash
- (Multiplayer) Fixed picking up logs in holder while jumping causing it to vanish, it now properly drops the log
- Fixed having a movement key pressed bringing mouse back to center of screen while in menu
- Audio - added sound of liquid when equipping a molotov
- Audio - Balanced ocean sounds
- Audio - added squeal to burning babies when they die
- Audio - added leafless whoosh when burnt trees fall
- (Multiplayer) Fixed blocking animation cutting off for remote players
- (Multiplayer) Fixed client picking up animal yields leaving a broken duplicate copy behind
- Fixed rain emitters not properly following player rotation
- Cleaned up position of building buttons in book!
- Enabled popups for resolution & preset options settings (should help setting things up on lower end hardware)
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha/Early Access|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019