v0.21 was a major update which was released on July 28, 2015.
v0.21 Posted on 28 July, 2015 by Anna
This patch has a ton of new sounds, gameplay tweaks, balance tweaks, a couple new buildings (procedural defensive walls, floor hole cutting!!), improved AI for the new cowman mutant, a bunch of multiplayer and single player bug fixes, some improved caves and lots more.
We’ve also changed how repairing works. Now you’ll actually need to replace some of the lost logs instead of being able to just use tree sap for more heavily damaged structures. Let us know what you think about this change, and if it makes things too hard, or is still too easy and should be pushed further (To avoid destruction all together, use the cheat mode by typing ‘ironforest’ in title screen.)
Note: To eat berries/food/ or drink at lakes, press and HOLD the action key.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Additions / Changes / Fixes
- Following features now require to hold their respective button for half a second to be triggered: cancel ghost buildings, drink & gather water, procedural buildings auto fill, eat berries and mushrooms found in world, eat plane food, eat cooked/dried food, light fires, save, sleep
- Dropping a body now properly brings up right hand item instead of both left and right
- Fixed cursor being visible during loading
- Spears no longer fall through terrain or disappear when colliding with animals/enemies
- Spears collide with more solid objects
- When already equipped, lighter no longer needs to be stashed first to light a weapon or arrow
- Fixed lighter toggling
- Timmy’s Robot toy can now be fixed on the crafting mat in inventory !
- Flare gun can now be reloaded using flares on the crafting mat
- Can no longer equip utility item when in inventory using keyboard shortcut
- New pedometer art added! Now actually looks like a pedometer instead of a mobile phone
- Pedometer pickup removed from plane and added to tennis player corpses
- Tennis team – improved visuals, added detail maps and better shading. moved to hidden position in caves
- Fixed Walky Talky disappearing when added to the crafting mat
- improved fat creepy mutant, more attack variety, can be staggered by explosions, can dodge close player attacks
- Fixed bugs with log sled when grabbing/letting go while on a foundation
- Birds can now be killed with explosives
- Ocean fixed issue where high detail bump would sharply mix with low detail distance bump
- Water sources now delays showing icon again after the drinking animation
- Fixed both R and Xbox R being visible and overlapping each other in experimental wall toggle addition prompt while using a gamepad
- Fixed button navigation in book (“PreviousPage” & “NextPage” buttons)
- Added action icons to Previous/Next book page buttons when using a gamepad
- Previous/Next book page buttons can be trigger with “Take” button when using a gamepad (A by default)
- Pressing “Drop” button (B by default with Xbox gamepad) while in book now closes it
- Fixed torch getting stashed when equipped from inventory while having lighter equipped
- Fixed fires not being lightable while having torch out
- Flashlight now has longer throw and is less saturated
- New version of smaa added to antialiasing
- Clicking back button of option menu now saves settings (was done in following menus until now)
- Pressing B on Xbox gamepad on a UI with a back/cancel or continue button now triggers it
- Fixed player feet sliding when walking slowly with Xbox controller
- various fixes to swimming animation/movement
- Fixed upgraded stick counters not showing properly when adding ingredients to crafting mat
- Swimming fixes: Player no longer shoots out of the water when breaking surface. Swimming animation turns off faster when exiting water. Fixed bounciness when walking in shallow water. Fixed animation glitch when jumping into shallow water.
- Replaced ugly grass terrain texture and fixed issue where starfish were still spawning on top of it
- New waterfall flowing white water shader!
- New item: Breakable flare box!
- Larger radius on bomb explosions, and larger gib radius for mutants
- Burn animation added to mutants!
- Improvements to cowman mutant a.i.
- Fixed frost post effect (when cold) going a bit too high on occasion (i.e. after a lag spike with the right timing)
- Fixed issue when exiting/entering caves causing massive fps drop
- Cold damage effect made more subtle
- Fixed cold damage message staying up after dying in caves while it was up
- Increased LOD range in caves
- Time is now paused while in inventory in single player mode
- Dropped flares when you have too many now properly drop an unlit flare
- Dropped dynamite when you have too many no longer explodes
- Fixed log holder take/add icon arrows reversed
- (multiplayer) Fixed enemy animation being buggy for client if they died when on fire.
- (multiplayer) Fixed flash light not replicating properly on remote players (would either now light up at all, or be too bright).
- (multiplayer) Fixed an issue where rabbit trap would not always work properly when reset by non-host players.
- (multiplayer) Fixed an issue where rabbits in cages would disappear on load.
- (multiplayer) Made receiving and sending game invites through Steam a lot more reliable.
- (multiplayer) “Press E to respawn” message after dying now uses the proper “Take” action icon instead of the fixed E
- (multiplayer) Fixed remote players name showing while game is loading on their end or during their plane crash sequence
- (multiplayer) Fixed rebreather not showing up on remote players
- (multiplayer) Fixed dropped live rabbit not spawning for other players
- (multiplayer) Fixed map pieces not showing properly for remote players
- (multiplayer) Fixed dropped sticks/rocks/flares/dynamite/skulls not showing for remote players
- (multiplayer) Gardens now replicate for players over network!
- (multiplayer) Fixed an edge case issue where water in water collectors would differ between servers and clients
- (multiplayer) Remote players will now show the correct blood/muddy arm textures depending on if they are bloodied/muddied locally
- (multiplayer) Fixed an issue where large traps would de-sync if host triggered them
- (multiplayer) Fixed loading a game saved in caves as client
- (multiplayer) Fixed parts of players own heads visible at some angles, such as climbing down rope or moving camera fast to one side
- (multiplayer) Revamped build mission system to be more reliable
- (multiplayer) Breakable wood planks are now synced between players
- (multiplayer) Explodable caches are now synced between players!
- (multiplayer) Fixed some issues with cowman over network
- (multiplayer) Fixed repair icon staying visible for client after repairing a building
- (multiplayer) Fixed desync issue with log cabin destruction for client
- Fixed mutant leader skull lights flickering strangely(now has candle light flicker setting)
- Fixed small rock pickup misaligned
- Fixed body parts still sometimes falling through caves when cut
- Fixed suitcases spawning items multiples times when hit
- Fixed heavy swing restoring stamina
- Fixed missing cave nav mesh
- Fixed various issues with wall climbing
- Improved explosion/collapsing visual effects for some buildings
- Fixed shadow blocking partially blocking climb exit in cave1
- Fixed player sliding while opening book whilst jumping
- (hopeful fix) for player occasionally flying into air when running and jumping at enemies.
- world – improved cliff areas and grass placement and thinned out some excess rocks on some cliffs
- Switching batches of textures to crunched compression mode – should improve load times and memory
- Going in water without a weapon no longer brings up default weapon
- Carrying body without having a weapon equipped before no longer brings up default weapon when dropped
- Bed, Log Holder, Rock Holder, Stick Holder, Weapon Rack and Explosive holder can now be jumped by cannibals and destroyed by mutants (Armsy, Virginia, Cow man)
- Buildings that have collapsed logs now require logs to be repaired (1/3 of collapsed logs)
- Fixed bug where foundation would prevent itself from repairing properly and respawn with missing bits at bottom
- All mutants can now interact with swinging bodies, dynamic crates and other objects
- Fixed jump input occasionally not registering
- New building: Extensible Defensive Wall ! (replaces legacy one in book)
- New building (kinda): Floor hole cutter ! (caution: holes are definitive !) (SP only)
- Gamepad mappings are now properly refreshed when a new one is plugged in and each gamepad has its settings saved independently
- Fixed gamepad mapping icons not getting loaded when gamepad wasn’t plugged from the start
- Fixed Ex wall sometimes going below ground when placing
- Volumetric light sample quality settings now hooked up into options menu (turn up for smoother more accurate volumetric light, and turn lower for faster performance)
- Terrain quality now also influences terrain pixel error resulting in less popping on higher settings and faster performance but more popping on lower settings
- Northern mountains are now cut out of ai nav mesh properly
- Cave 7 lighting and props pass
- Clicking on exceeding story clues in book now opens corresponding page of notes
- Fixed enemies sometimes not turning aggressive when attacked
- Fixed enemies in wrong position sometimes when caught in noose trap
- Fixed camera looking down neck on plane crash intro
- Added “Max Frame Rate” setting to option (can prevent camera stutter with some hardware)
- Swinging a lit weapon no longer causes big light to emit during swing, instead light intensity is lessened
- (audio) Setting a weapon alight plays fire start sfx
- (audio) improved waterfall sounds and range and positioned on outside falls along with in caves
- (audio – multiplayer) Fixed inaudible deer startle, animal hit and die sound effects for clients, along with inaudible weapon Swoosh sound effect for client.
- (audio) Increased ambient audio zones in upper areas of world, tweaked hanging rope sounds and player dragged away sounds
- (audio) Sound effects for bird landing on finger added
- (audio) Wood destruction sound effects, owls at night, improved mutant audio.
- (audio) Added hanging rope and dripping blood sound effects to hanging bodies
- (audio) first pass of stream audio added
- (audio) open areas given ambient audio
- (audio) clifftop wind added
- (audio) sinkhole ambient audio added
- (audio) pond audio louder
- (audio) buildings falling down play impact sound
- Fixed enemy dropped club disappearing when trying to add to crafting mat
- Lowered dust area and amount when foundations collapse
- Fixed animals not running away from trap when released
- Fixed some fish above water in top half of map
- Fixed player sometimes not jumping when trying to get out of cave water
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha/Early Access|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019