v0.15 was the fifteenth major version, and it was released on March 17, 2015.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
v0.15: Wild pigs, Rock climbing axe, wall decorations, new art, buildable beds, better bow, buildable archery targets, and more Posted on 17 March, 2015 by Anna
We have a slightly smaller patch this week, as in the background we’ve also been getting The Forest up and running in Unity 5!
Upgrading to Unity 5 will provide a massive visual and performance increase for everyone, We’re really excited for you guys to see how the world looks with the better deferred renderer, and improved lighting/shading. We’re planning on officially switching to unity 5 for this next upcoming patch (0.16) which will be out in 28 days!
For this current patch we’ve introduced a new aggressive animal to the world (wild pig) along with some new buildings, improved bow and arrow, a first pass at wall decorations and numerous other fixes and improvements all listed below.
Also, weapon upgrade saving now works!
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub.
This patch is compatible with old saves, however if you notice anything extra strange start a fresh game to make sure everything is up to date
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug where raft would no longer float
- Fixed bug where arm effigy wouldn’t be lightable
- Fixed bug where player could sometimes climb down rope out of world if tree house was placed on a slope
- Fixed FMOD bug that would cause memory to climb up over time
- Fixed held plane axe upgrade visuals positioning
- Fixed booze upgrade visuals
- Fixed loading upgrades from saved games (not retro-active)
- Fixed bugs that would sometimes cause log sled to fall through world. log sled should now collide with boulders and cliffs. Fixed log sled audio playing drop noise when in its trigger or being pushed. Log sled now casts a shadow
- Fixed underwater bar appearing before character’s head is underwater
- Fixed hydration icon fill values not set properly after loading a saved game at full thirst
- New item/weapon added: Climbing axe! (check caves!)
- New climbable (with climbing axe) cliff rock added to overworld (currently limited to only 1 type of cliff rock)
- New climbable area added to cave 2
- New art added: Hanging skull lamp
- New art added: Skull floor pile
- New art added: terrified skeletons (check deep caves)
- New art added: (removed*SPOILER* – Check deep caves)
- New art added: Eerie tribal fishing stands
- New art added: Cannibal village props (small cages, fire pits)
- New buildable item: Skull lamp
- New buildable item: Deer Skin Decoration (as floor carpet or hanging on walls)
- New buildable item: Skull wall Decoration
- New buildable item: Arrow Target – shoot arrows and improve your aim!
- New buildable item: Bed! build inside a custom building to allow saving and sleeping
- New creature added: Wild pig!
- New system added: (rough) Player point at map. When holding map in cave player will point to his current rough location
- (multiplayer) Water Collector now works for clients in MP games
- (multiplayer) Fixed infinite item/log from holder buildings in MP
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where Sometimes when someone else completes a build, it says it still needs materials, then just eats the materials.
- (multiplayer) Fixed issues with some built buildings not working correctly for all players.
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where clients could be kicked from host after 5–10 minutes
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where after being kicked out by the server, every single door placed in world would duplicate
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where items from cabinet/racks/shelves could vanish when host ends session, at random, or on loading the game.
- (multiplayer) Fixed sitting on bench not lining up correctly
- Dead bodies around world no longer respawn after being picked up/moved when moving back near them
- When the game is already started and an MP invite arrives, player can now choose to either start a new game or continue with his saved MP character
- Drowning now causes instant death, without respawn in cave
- Player can now suffer brief knock down and damage from explosions
- Bow and arrow improvements! will no longer fly through enemies without damaging them. Arrows now stick in trees and other static objects correctly.
- Arrow pick up icon added and better positioning, and will now turn on pick up trigger when it sticks to any object
- Tree sap, skulls, blue and orange paints are now part of the construction system
- There is now a limit to the total amount of upgrades per item (currently set to 30 for all weapons. You can choose to have either 30 teeth or 10 teeth + 20 Feathers, or 10 teeth + 10 Feathers + 10 booze etc.)
- Visual added to show item upgrades distribution when crafting upgrade recipes
- Bonus per upgrade now decays as you use a single upgrade type
- Dying no longer resets fullness to zero
- Collision fixes/improvements for caves
- Lowered damage drinking polluted water does to players
- Added hint text to dying screen about finding pots at camp sites
- Added sheen highlight to pot pickup to make it easier to find
- Turtle Shell now fits in backpack !
- Holding pot while it rains now fills it with water
- Enemy bodies can now be transported via the log holder! (SP only)
- Spider lady a.i. improvements and additional animations added. Now has more attacks, can jump attack, can dodge players. Will react to explosions and can be killed with 2-3 bombs now.
- Animal footstep sound effects added!
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha/Early Access|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019