v0.11 was the eleventh major version released. It was released on December 17th, 2014.
Dev Notes[edit | edit source]
v0.11- Custom foundations, new wall building system, multiplayer host saving, squirrels!! And more… Posted on 17 December, 2014 by Anna
This patch introduces our new experimental walls and custom foundations, you can find them deeper in the custom building section of the survival manual. These are a work in progress so haven’t fully replaced the old systems just yet. The new wall system gives you complete control over angle and position of walls, is massively faster to place, conforms to terrain and gives you the option to change from wall/doorway/window whilst in blueprint mode. We’re really excited to hear what you all think of these, and to see how this changes the bases you construct, as well as which improvements you’d like to see.
Other additions include a new animal type, multiplayer host save/load system, gameplay balance, new textures, more grass! and a bunch more stuff, all listed below
Save files from 0.10 should continue to work fine in this update! but if you notice anything weird start a new game to ensure everything is up to date
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additions, Changes, & Fixes[edit | edit source]
- New buildable item: Experimental walls! (single player)
- New buildable item: Custom Foundations! (single player)
- Multiplayer save/load added Note: Currently limited to server being able to load the savegame, clients will start game fresh each time but still be able to enter a previously saved hosts game. Server/host will be able to save state of game world/structures.
- Steamworks saving to cloud added - Regular save/load still works however it will now try and load from cloud first and pick most recent file (We’ve just hit the checkbox to enable this, it should be available soon)
- Improved bridge snapping to be more responsive and less chance of it snapping to wrong position and improved visual feedback
- Fixed wooden path blueprint not saving
- You can now use the walkman as a distraction device. Stick it to a tree, confuse your enemies! Attach to a trap and lure them to it.
- Re-worked title screen and cleaned up button animations
- New options menu, with more organized layout
- Added grass density slider to options menu - newer graphics cards can turn this up for better looking grass.
- Player can now attack whilst crouched improving stealth kills
- New animal added: Squirrels
- Fixed bug where some animals wouldn't show up
- Improved look of ponds
- deer now have more health and will attempt to flee if you hit them
- Killing deer will now attract skinny mutants who may attempt to feed on the carcass
- Skin from deer can now be collected and worn
- deer skin will keep players warm if worn, can mix/match lizard Skin and deer skin
- New item added: Generic meat (can be sourced from deer or raccoons)
- New item added : wrist watch (can be found in luggage, or on some dead passengers) - use as crafting ingredient (such as on timed explosive)
- Changed recipe for timed explosive to include watch
- (Audio) new cave sound effects added
- (Audio) Improved cave ambient audio fade out zones
- (Audio) Fixed audio slider in options menu not working correctly
- (Audio) Reverb added to cave sound effects
- (Audio) All sound effects now fade out on player death
- (Audio) Tuned levels of weapons, footsteps
- (Audio) Made frog sounds quieter,less frequent and less annoying
- (Audio) Lowered chance to cave combat music playing
- (Audio) Fixed suitcase open sound using flesh hit sound effect
- Skinny enemies - increased speed, added in some missing animations. Increased health slightly. Will now travel in groups of up to 3 making them more of a threat.
- Pale cave enemies faster, more health and increased hit damage
- Improved geese lake layout, new rocks and details
- New ground textures! - improved parallax mapping, and better blending - switch to relief or lower if there’s any slow down with this (via options menu)
- New rock detail textures added to most rocks
- New pine tree and pine tree moss textures and improved look of (some) dead trees
- Major re-work of cave2 environment, more interesting rooms, better layout of rocks, new rock types and better flow through areas. Added small water falls
- Armsy will now sometimes tear down trees
- Reduced chance that regular cannibals will flee after player kills one of their group
- Fixed skinny cannibals sometimes having leader props on dead body
- Fixed some instances of enemies stuck not doing anything
- Fixed bug where player would have issues climbing rope if cold and shaking
- Fixed log duplication bug, where it was possible to spawn multiple logs when picking up up a log (multiplayer)
- Fixed issue where you couldn't pick up rabbits. You can now take rabbits out of traps or out of cages.
|PC Full Release|
|v1.0 • v1.05 • v1.06 (b) • v1.07 • VR Beta • VR Fix 1 • VR Beta 2 • v1.08 • VR Beta 3 • v1.09 • v1.10 (b • c • d) • v1.11 • V1.12 - VR|
|PC Alpha/Early Access|
|v0.01 (b) • v0.02 • v0.03 • v0.04 (b) • v0.05 • v0.06 (b) • v0.07 • v0.08 (b • c • d) • v0.09 (b) • v0.10 • v0.11 (a • c) • v0.12 • v0.13 (b) • v0.14 • v0.15 (b) • v0.16 (b) • v0.17 (b) • v0.18 (b • c) • v0.19 (b • c) • v0.20 (b) • v0.21 (b • c) • v0.22 • v0.23 (b • c • d) • v0.24 (b) • v0.25 (b) • v0.26 (b • c • d) • v0.27 • v0.28 (b • c • d) • v0.29 (b • c) • v0.30 (b) • v0.31 (b) • v0.32 • v0.33 (b • c • d) • v0.34 • v0.35 (b • c) • v0.36 (b) • v0.37 • v0.38 (b) • v0.39 (b) • v0.40 • v0.41 (b) • v0.42 (b • c) • v0.43 (b • c) • v0.44 (b • c) • v0.45 (b) • v0.46 (b • c) • v0.47 (b • c • d) • v0.48 (b) • v0.49 (b) • v0.50 (b • c) • v0.51 (b) • v0.52 (b) • v0.53 (b • c) v0.54 (b) • v0.55 (b • c) • v0.56 (b • c) • v0.57 (b • c) • v0.58 (b) • v0.59 (b) • v0.60 (b) • v0.61 (b • c) • v0.62 • v0.63 (b) • v0.64 • v0.65 (b) • v0.66 • v0.67 (b • c) • v0.68 (b • c • d) • v0.69 (b) • v0.70 (b • c) • v0.71 (b) • v0.72 (b) • v0.73 (b)|
|PS4 v1.0 • PS4 v1.01 • PS4 v1.02 • PS4 v1.03 • PS4 v1.04 • PS4 v1.05 • PS4 v1.06 • PS4 v1.07 • PS4 v1.08 • PS4 v1.09 • PS4 v1.10 • PS4 v1.11 • PS4 v1.12 • PS4 v1.13 • PS4 v1.14 • PS4 v1.15|
|Updates • Playstation Updates • Upcoming Features|
|The current version is V1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019|
The current major version is v1.12 - VR which was released on September 11, 2019