As a fan of The Forest, I started improving and expanding this wiki, helping the community. While editing, I have noticed that the inventory pictures are very messy. I have created an (almost) empty inventory on which I place the items to be shown on a particular page.
When taking screenshots, I also try to hide the HUD and empty my hand. If we want an article about a tree, we do not want an axe to be shown in our image. The HUD can be hidden in the games options under the section "Gameplay". Show HUD and Show Overlay Icons can be unchecked. As for emptying your hand, press "G" while ingame. I hope you agree with me. Have fun editing!
- 1 Requesting move of Freezing to Cold
- 2 Magazine Theory
- 3 Can anyone clean up this wiki?
- 4 Requesting redirect of The Island page to the Peninsula page.
- 5 Should each Cave have its own page? Also weather concerns.
- 6 How to fix v0.45 and v0.45b not showing up in the versions table?
- 7 Translate in French
Requesting move of Freezing to Cold
The cold status effect has been implemented.
The Temperature article of which cold currently links to is also in need of an update.
- Updating of articles can be done by anyone. I don't play the game so I can't verify the information, I can only offer technical support — Game widow (talk) 12:45, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
I am new here and I found a theory about one of the magazines you can find. I think I found a similarity in this magazine with the scene behind the stone door.
Can anyone clean up this wiki?
It just kinda boils my blood how awful this wiki is. So much outdated information, misinformation, and straight up opinions that have no place here. I was planning on just overhauling it, but I admit, I've never written a wiki, and have no clue how to structure it right. Like a reader who knows a book is written horribly, but isn't an author themselves. Point is, thanks to gamepedia wiki's, any time i look up info on "the forest" Google pops this up first. So I get absolutely no info, and just end up figuring stuff out trial-and-error. So yea. If anyone has a format that works, please... this place is just an ad wasteland.
- Wikis are only as good as the contributors who contribute to them, so telling us it boils your blood to see the wiki in this shape yet doing nothing won't make it any better. I can help you learn about formatting and structure — Game widow (talk) 17:56, 14 September 2015 (UTC)
- I've been meaning to get around to going through all the pages and fixing things up, but have been unable to due to work, and other things going on in my life. Eventually I'll get to it (also, there are a ton of pages to go through). ERROR372 (talk)
- Part of the problem is people don't play The Forest anymore. Think back to a year ago, this wiki was booming with active contributors. Then people stopped playing as the game was lost along the onslaught of terrible & forgettable Steam Early Access Titles (that's the excuse according to steam groups based around the game). However, in a few days the next patch drops, I'll return to business by adding the new stuff from more recent updates.. Thisaccountnameisnttaken (talk)
- With a game that updates every few weeks and adds and overhauls so much it would be nearly impossible to stay perfectly up-to-date. Add content, and if you see misinformation or opinionated material feel free to change and improve it; as Game widow said the wiki is built by the people who view and use it. Brantmeierz(talk) 01:58, 17 September 2015 (UTC)
- We need to start merging pages and tidying up this wiki, like instead of having separate pages for thirst, cold, hunger, armor, health, energy, and such, we should merge them into one category called basic needs or something of the sort. Plus we need to keep stuff like food all in one place, we don't need a page per food item, just one page with a small paragraph or two for each item. ErikJacks(talk)
Requesting redirect of The Island page to the Peninsula page.
Should each Cave have its own page? Also weather concerns.
I noticed only a few of the Caves have their own page. Should each cave get its own page, or should the individual pages be deleted? I'm trying my best to tidy up the wiki and add useful information. Additionally, I think the storm/rain pages need to be merged. Should I just move all the info to one page and then an admin can redirect the storm page to the rain page? Trublucaribou (talk) 12:05, 25 January 2017 (UTC)Trublucaribou
- If each cave is of sufficient interest to merit a page, that's fine. This is where categories come in handy. You could put all cave pages in a "Caves" category. However, if most caves are pretty much the same, then a single page that covers the information makes sense. If you decide to go that route, then change the individual cave pages to redirections to the main cave page — Game widow (talk) 13:33, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- yes, you can. The direct way to do it is to replace the page contents with
#REDIRECT[[<target page>]], so to redirect a page to the "Cave" page, you'd replace the contents with
#REDIRECT[[Cave]]. Or if you wanted to redirect it to a particular section of the Cave page, you could use
#REDIRECT[[Cave#Cave 1 - The Dead Cave (west) - The Wet Cave (east)]], etc. This is the same process as using the "move" option on the "More" menu at the top of the page, but when the target page already exists, it's better to use the first method. — Game widow (talk) 16:19, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
How to fix v0.45 and v0.45b not showing up in the versions table?
Title says it all. I noticed that neither is in the versions table for some reason. Both pages have the versions category and template applied to them. Trublucaribou (talk) 12:40, 14 February 2017 (UTC)Trublucaribou
Translate in French
If the community is still alive, I want to translate all the pages in French, but I want to know how to do it, someone can help me ? All explanation are welcome ! Thanks for the attention Eerfers (talk) 10:28, 07 June 2018 (UTC)