The Forest Wiki:Wiki rules
Our Wiki is intended to be a place for all The Forest players to come and collaborate, sharing their knowledge, bits of wisdoms, experience, and everything else related to the game and their experience. To that end, we'd like to establish some basic rules, so that we can all get along:
- General attitude
- Editors should be civil towards each other. Disagreements should be resolved by talking and finding a consensus (or compromise, if it proves elusive), rather than insults, personal attacks, or other uncivilized methods.
- Assume good faith. An edit that seems disruptive at a glance might actually be an inexperienced editor or an expert one making an error. In these cases, helping them out by providing guidance or correcting the error and dropping them a quick note will help grow the community and distribute the editing load.
- Let the rights holders do their jobs. Also called backseat moderating, if an actual bad faith editor appears, just undo their edits and report them to the administration. They'll take it from there.
- Do not vandalize, spam, or otherwise edit disruptively.
- Edits should be made in plain English. Keep it understandable.
- Try to use edit summaries. Minor edits can be understood at a glance, but larger revisions should be summarized. Just a few words can help understand why a change was made and help organize revisions.
- Avoid profanity. While curses have their place in everyday speech, they tend to disrupt the flow of articles and get in the way of the wiki.
- Avoid excessive deletions. Most content can be successfully retooled and integrated in the wiki, rather than outright deleted.
- Rights holders may block users repeatedly violating these rules, in particular those who demonstrate hostile or disruptive behaviors and show no sign of improvement after warning.
- Block durations start at 24 hours, and graduate to 3 days, to 1 week, to permanent. In severe cases, the rights holder may elect to skip to permanent blocks.
- Permanent blocks may be reviewed after one month, by another admin.