Stealth kills are kills where the enemy is able to be killed with one hit of an eligible weapon.
To perform stealth kills, the player must be able to remain undetected whilst approaching the enemy be able to hit the enemy before being discovered. To increase the chances of stealth kills, the player will have to decrease their chances of being detected. There are multiple ways of doing this:
- Wearing Stealth Armor: 10% Each piece, can be removed when damaged.
- Wearing Rabbit Fur Boots: Adds 20% Stealth permanently whilst equipped.
- Applying Mud: Doesn't add stealth as a stat though makes the player harder to detect.
- Traveling without a light source, this includes the lighter and Fire Arrows
- Hiding in bushes
- Hiding behind objects
- Crouching, this also adds a stealth meter to the center HUD
- Avoid making noises of any kind, running, swinging the weapon, cutting trees, using explosives etc.
As of the full release of the game, only weapons considered an axe and the upgraded rock can perform stealth kills. The machete is considered an axe by the game.
Weapons that CAN perform Stealth Kills
|v0.18||Stealth kills can now be performed with any axe/rock/stick type weapon|
|v0.11||Player can now attack whilst crouched improving stealth kills|
|v0.08||Stealth kills added! If player attacks an enemy from behind with rock or axe type weapon and enemy is unaware of player it will be an instant kill|