Lookout Posts, also referred to in some patch notes as Fishing Stands, are structures that appear to be created by the cannibals, though they are never seen using the posts. They are long and tall, seemingly made up of the same driftwood as the cannibal camps located near water. They are all located near water of some kind, whether that be a beach, pond, or river.
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Cannibals have not been seen using the structures, however it is obvious from their design that the lookout posts are meant to be climbed in order to scout out the surrounding area. The player can use it for this purpose, or you can climb up and away from hungry cannibals below. Lookout posts cannot be destroyed by enemies, making them extremely useful for fighting enemies if the player has ranged weaponry such as a bow.
Items[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- 2x lookout posts in the water near the Crocodile Hut Village, there are crocodiles surrounding these ones.
- 2x lookout posts in the Crocodile Hut Village itself, one is a bit further away at a pond.
- 3x lookout posts at Geese Lake, 2 are in the water, one is on the land.
- 2x lookout posts not far from the Shipping Containers.
- 1 at the Lakeside Village.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before full release, there were number of different types of items that the player could find at the top of these towers. Sometimes they could have none, and sometimes they could have 5 or more on just one tower. Here is a list of the types of items you could find:
- Crossbow Bolts only spawn on 1 Lakeside Village post and 1 Geese Lake post.