At abandoned camps the player can find multiple items like pills, booze, cash, coins, flares, modern arrows, old pot, suitcases and story items. Some camps have a basic fire the player can use. In most camps the player can sleep and save in one of the Tents. Flares and modern arrows can be found in yellow crates. The player will also find some passengers here.
Multiple types of setups are known:
- Sleeping bags laid out in a circle
- Groups of Tents along with sleeping bags, both modern and old fashioned
- Single tents and single sleeping bags
Its assumed that the camps were not all created simultaneously, but rather appear to be from different groups or solo persons coming to the island at different times. There seems to be divers, cavers, hikers, film crews, missionaries, boaters, and more that are implied to have been on the peninsula.
- Diving camps can be found deep in the caves, in sections only accessible by using the rebreather.
- Cave climbers/explorers have tents inside the caves as well, along with some tents on the inside wall of the cenote.
- Hikers/explorers can be found all over the forest topside
- One film crew has a larger, established film crew camp with modern tents and film equipment scattered around, with scripts for a "Survivor" type program to be found on the ground nearby
- Missionaries/Christians appear to have come frequently to the island, leaving many crosses with Jesus on them as well as bibles. These missionaries can be found inside and out of the caves.
- An implied group of people came on the Yacht at some point, leaving one buried nearby on shore, and Mathew with a not-yet understood connection, as he can be seen walking around the boat, though he might just be scavenging for supplies.
It is assumed that they belong to the various visitors who have come to the peninsula such as the Christian Missionaries, hikers, and cavers. Tents are often found by the cave entrances and some of them can be used for sleeping and saving the game.
Orange tents appear to be from recent times, being made of seemingly waterproof material. Unlike the blue tents, orange tents seem to be undamaged. All orange tents can be used for sleeping and saving the game. They can be found both on the surface of peninsula and in the caves.
| - 5 tents by the Cave 10 climbing entrance in Seaside Village
- 1 tent on top of the snowy hill at the southest point of the snow area
| - 1 tent near one and the other entrance of Cave 6 closer to Shipping Containers; 1 more in the big open room of Cave 6|
Oftentimes these tents have blood splattered on them or nearby, with their dead inhabitants cut up into pieces and decaying nearby with flies all around. Unlike the orange tents, some blue tents are damaged and cannot be used for sleeping and saving the game. Undamaged blue tents are still usable. They can be found only on the surface of peninsula, often in combination with sleeping bags.
- 1 tent at the Beach Camp
- 5 tents at the Film Crew Camp
- 2 tents at the Pond Camp
The old fashioned tents are dirty grey (perhaps previously white), and appear to be set up with stakes and ropes. They appear to belong to the Christian missionaries, as bibles and crucifixes can often be found nearby. Though blood and dead bodies are not commonly found near these, bones have been seen, again suggesting the age of these tents. In one instance, in Cave 5, there are many dead bodies kneeling in seeming fear to an obelisk drawing on the wall, with these tents nearby. The bodies are mummified by time (or perhaps obelisk-like mythical power), again lending to the notion that these tents are very, very old. These tents cannot be used by the player. White tents can be most commonly found in and near caves.
| - 4 tents by Cave 3 walk-in entrance
|| - 1 tent in the big open room of Cave 1 - Dead Cave; 3 more tents in Cave 1|
Gallery - Release 1.0
|v1.0||Old caver tents now fade on smoothly and from further away
Blocked building on small prop tents in world
|???||Changed Tent model and texture|